Dal Student Life Team – Student Health & Wellness Content Specialist
Do you have you a knack for captivating your friends with your entertaining storytelling? Do you have an interest in social media and enjoy sharing experiences and information through Instagram? Do you have experience or a strong interest in health and wellness? If you want to exercise your creative muscles and share the stories of life at Dal, we want you for the Student Life Team.
There are amazing things happening on Dal’s campuses every day, and it’s the SLT’s mission to capture it all. You’ll work directly with staff in Dalhousie's Student Affairs Communications office on a variety of marketing, communications and event-related projects.
Hours of employment will be flexible depending on the time of year and promotions, initiatives, and events occurring. You may have scheduled weekly or bi-weekly meetings, as well as scheduled office hours, organized around your class schedule. Expected number of hours will vary throughout the term, averaging 5–10 hours per week. Day, evening, and weekend hours may be required.
- Create diverse and inclusive content for various marketing materials and publications, including Dal Student Life social media channels
- Provide live social media coverage at events
- Research and write articles about student health and wellness, activities, and events for the Dal Student Life Blog, Dal News and other outlets
- Brainstorm ideas for existing and new communications initiatives and blog content related to health and wellness
- Attend meetings as requested by Student Affairs Communications staff
- Maintain and submit an hourly log as required
- Other duties as required, including some work as a public ambassador for the Team on campus (e.g., info booth, etc.)
- Must be a Dalhousie student in the 2022-23 academic year and returning for 2023-24
- Be available at a wide variety of times, including some weekends and evenings
- Possess strong organizational, time-management, and multi-tasking skills
- Must have strong communication skills—both written and verbal
- Some writing experience preferred
- Photography skills and knowledge of social media trends are an asset
- Be able to work independently, but thrive in a team environment
- Be a self-starter who is full of creative ideas and not afraid to take initiative
- Must understand the Dalhousie experience and be eager to be involved in life on campus
- Education and experience related to health and wellness will be consider a strong asset
We encourage all qualified and interested students to apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.