Dal Student Life Team – Social Media Content Creator, Agricultural Campus
The Social Media Ambassador role will assist in building and maintaining the Dal AC Student Life (formerly @acstudentsuccess) social media presence through content planning and creation for the student population. The Social Media Content Creator will research, present, and implement new methods of engaging students online and will be involved in creating content that fosters school spirit and inclusivity.
Time frame: May 2023 – September 2023 (with option to continue through the Fall 2023 and Winter 2024 semesters)
Hours: 35 hours/week
Closing date: Sunday, April 23, 2023
- Propose and create engaging content for the SSC’s social media channels. This may include creating and distributing digital content, identifying opportunities for engaging with the student audience online, planning the implementation of digital content / programming, and on camera performance.
- Create video content through Instagram Reels to:
- Promote services offered on the Dalhousie Agricultural Campus
- Showcase the facilities on campus
- Showcase student organizations
- Showcase events on campus
- Help students find community on campus
- Assist SSC with social media marketing techniques to increase visibility, membership and traffic of our website and social media platforms.
- Engage with new student on the Dal Mobile incoming class groups
- Monitor activity, check, and reply to comments as needed on social media.
- Support the First Year Experience and New to Dal Student Assistant in promoting New to Dal orientation through the creation of social media content.
- Participate in New to Dal programming during the fall term over the Labour Day weekend.
- Current Dalhousie University, Faculty of Agriculture student, in good academic standing.
- Demonstrate confidence and ability to create, deliver and manage effective campaigns on Instagram, Facebook, and other social media outlets.
- Experience with filming and editing video content for social media.
- Demonstrates strong initiative by being able to work with minimal direction.
- Demonstrates, strong communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Approaches new challenges with creativity and enthusiasm.
We encourage all qualified and interested students to apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.